Chicken Malai Masala

, ,

Ok, so this was basically a mix and match of three recipes I found on the net. I made this recently for some 7 people during a house party. Making two kgs of chicken, was a whole lot of fun! My first recipe on the blog, do try it and let me know how it came. Lemme also know if you need any help. Feel free to call me or mail me.

For this you’ll need:

Chicken whole cut– one kilogram  (I don’t like boneless)
Chicken Masala – 6 tbsp
Garam Masala – 4 tbsp
Dania Power – 4 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 3 tbsp
Cream – 200 ml
Onions – 3 large, finely cut
Tomatoes – 3 large, finely cut
Capsicum – 1 large cut in strips
Curd – 100 ml
Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste

Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour with curd, chicken masala powder (4 tbsp), garam masala (2 tbsp), red chilli powder (2 tbsp) and keep it in the fridge. The more you marinate, the better the chicken will taste.

Take a large vessel and heat 3 tbsp of oil. Fry all the onions, tomatoes and capsicum till the onion becomes golden brown. Add Garam masala (2 tbsp), Dania Powder(2 tbsp),  chicken masala (2 tbsp), red chilli powder (1 tbsp) and salt.

Add all the chicken to the vessel. Add 1 cup of water and dunk the cream into the vessel as well. Keep the stove on high. Taste the chicken masala time to time, and check if the chicken has become soft.
Serve it with some coriander leaves on top for garnishing and some cream. Priceless.

The next recipe is chicken tikka made in microwave! And sorry, no picture for this one!

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

14 Responses to “Chicken Malai Masala”

1. Bhavya says:

Planning to change ur profession kay…
    Hey, I do need help…. in understand what’s an alternative for Veg-people.

2. shaifali says:

wt about non chick-etarians?

3. vinni says:

for all the lame vegetarians, please substitute the chicken with paneer. uggg.

4. BCW says:

for all the innocent vegetarians, you may want to know that the author of this post has just returned to chicken after a long period of swearing off the same and bouts of eating paneer (yeah, UGGG!)in desperation. explains the snobbery, doesn’t it?

5. angana says:

quick suggestion.. try to put some paste of almond and cashews next time.. the color and taste will be amazing!!

6. vinni says:

BCW, you had to do this right! and on my blog!
    angana: your hubby is very lucky!

7. Nikhil says:

Dude, you forgot the main ingredient - sanity! I can’t ever EVER dabble with culinary arts as I’d end up burning the house down! Make sure you add that disclaimer next time! :D :D

8. Sid says:

BCW :

Vinni dude y were u off chicken???? y the self-inflicted atrocities?

9. Vinni says:

who said i was off chicken! why why!

10. BCW says:

I did. You were. Why?
    Could it be momentary insanity? You should know.

11. sumit says:

nice recipe!! that’s exactly how i have been making chicken all this time.
    btw, this if for the veggies, substitute the chicken with potatoes - diced cubes, skip the chicken masala, and make the capsicum strips shorter.
    and finally when u are done, sprinkle in some cumin powder… u shud be having a damn good potato curry waiting for you!!
    and do add some slit chillies.

12. Vinni says:

oh is that so! momentary insanity it is! :)
    potato!!!!!! no man, we got to please the chicken gods. sacrifices need to be made!

13. Twitter Comment

@meerasapra What exactly? I love cooking, and want to try new recipes. I just made this: [link to post]

- Posted using Chat Catcher

14. Twitter Comment

@stuti_ in which case you shall get the recipe. [link to post]

- Posted using Chat Catcher