Mad Miranda

Mad Miranda

Yes! The name is inspired from ‘The Devil wears Prada’. I don’t think much of the book or the movie, but when I saw Miranda on screen, I thought, “There she is!!!” – ‘She’ runs the firm that I work for; also tries to run my life whenever possible.

Everyone will have at least one bad boss in their lifetime. Though I haven’t worked for that long, she is striving real hard to be ‘the bad boss’ of my lifetime. She made me feel responsible for the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers. I should hate her for that alone. But she is so… hopping mad, I can only roll my eyes, nod in a sagely wise manner and tell her I will see what I can do about it. She acted exactly the same way when crude oil crossed $100 a barrel. Didn’t I survive that?

Anyways, Mad Miranda is likely to frequent my rantings more often than the rest. So I owe you guys an introduction. She can single-handedly drive a bunch of intelligent folks over the wall. She is worse than all my clients put together. She is the boss Jack Welch warned you about.  Mad or not, she is the mother of all b**ches! (May be I should call her MOB; after all she isn’t as fashionable or decked up like the on-screen Miranda.)

Wait till you get a load of her… in the life and times of BCW!

11 Responses to “Mad Miranda”

1. wohhooohhahaha!! Responsible for Lehman brothers? Did she come to that conclusion after some quick back of the envelope calculations????

Awesome!!! Where did she teleported from Mars or Uranus??

Ask her to go to a school again and Redo ECO-101

3. The BCWNo Gravatar says:

@Arthi: oh yes, after all thats the only application she can handle, back of the envelope. No Excel for our lady…

@Prats: Her mother keeps wondering too, she is sure there was a mix-up in the hospital, har-har!

4. The BCWNo Gravatar says:

bad vinni (sticking tongue out)

5. PsNo Gravatar says:

Mad Miranda-I encountered a specimen like that a few days back.Fortunately our paths dont have to cross again.Having a boss like her can be -well-madenning.
    BTW whats BCW?
    And are you sure you did not have anything to do with Lehman brothers or Crude oil prices?;-)

Pss last blog post..How does it feel? 34 Bubblegums and Candies

6. The BCWNo Gravatar says:

@ Ps: Good for you lady! Crossing paths with her everyday is an experience beyond maddening.(see the light around my head?)

what is BCW?
    please do see http://vinni.co.in/bcw/ before vinni loses it ;-)

Abt my role in Lehman Bro / Crude oil? I am not so sure anymore.

7. GayatriNo Gravatar says:

lol.. sounds like fun! at least fun to read :)

8. The BCWNo Gravatar says:

@ Gayatri: am glad its fun for somebody. not me definitely!!!

9. I have hardly come across any person who likes his/her boss. I would like to have a boss like “The Devil Wears Prada” Miranda Priestly like character keeps you on your toes 24*7. The work becomes challenging.

Btw I am sure your boss is goin through a hardtime in her personal life;)

10. The BCWNo Gravatar says:

@Pooja: Aw! Good luck then, May God send a Miranda your way! Me? I not only stay on my toes but do a mean tango meself ;-)

But I totally agree, she is going through a hard time, that she talks to us abt it ALL the time is a different issue…