Clicked….

, ,

So me and Softie sat in the balcony of my sea facing house. We met after a long time and had a lot to catch up. I guess that is the most obvious thing women do when they meet . After talking about our tiny tots, the last gift given by our hubbies, how good cooks our mother -in laws are, how we are unable to make the delicious tangy pickle the way our moms did.. We move on to old times. We used to work in the same office. We talked about the events we participated in, talked about the painful managers, giggled over the new found crush. [Well, my list was always longer than hers was ;) ]. Now, all that seemed silly. We exchanged a satisfied smile.  Then there was the pause. The pause that creeps in after a long , continuous conversation. We look away from each other and stared at the expanse of the sea. It was dusk and the sea looked beautiful. I will not describe it further as loads of poets and authors have already done their bit (much better than I can). Then, we looked at each other and gave a recognizable smile. I know what she wanted to know. I did not have any thing to ask her in the same way because she got married to the CLICK of her life :) .

However, she knew that things were different on my side. I just said, “Softie I had to move on, right?” she pressed my hand and gave me that “look”. I guess some where in a way, she was proud of me. After all, she had seen me coping thru the situation. She was always there for me. Scolding me, comforting me and hugging me… On the other hand, there was he… talking to me, making his present felt and in a way challenging my emotions. He was fully aware of the situation we both were in. . . . How we could not have what they call a “relationship”. I was surprised how well he handled it. I felt like a silly kid in front of him but I guess it made me happier.  In a way, I respected him more. What I felt for him was more of affection and admiration. A very platonic feel indeed!! In our case, the situation played the role of a villain. When the situation is twisted, the slightest flow of wind blowing in the wrong direction, hurts. For once, I just could not relate to the saying, “every thing happens for a reason”. One of the perfect persons I had ever met, aptly named after one of the Gods.

Therefore, what you just read is a peak in the future. A future, that might become my present one day. Old times bring lot of soreness and contentment for sure. I am sure you will agree with tat. Mine was a mixture of both.. The reality was agonizing and the optimism related to the reality, bliss.
We all have some one like Softie in our life. Most of us meet the CLICK of our life. We may or may not end up with them.
At times, life without the CLICK might not be bad, but then not perfect either. Seems like yesterday.. I have moved on with an everlasting taste of happy times.

30 Responses to “Clicked….”

1. VinniNo Gravatar says:

angel, we should try clicking sometime…

2. JagsNo Gravatar says:

1) “Everything happens for a reason”.. I don bluntly object for your objection about the saying.. but it is not for the immediate judgement but is always seen in the long run..
    2) And as for as perfect thing is concerned I doubt that there is someone who is perfect for a relationship.. I say.. “Life is not about finding the right person.. but is about building the right relationship..” And there is nothing better if u find your Mr. RIGHT to “CLICK” the right relationship.. :-)
    3) All that I say is whatever happens, LIFE GOES ON.. and you should MOVE ON to find what’s in it for u.. We all know that there is always tomorrow.. but it could be your better tomorrow.. u never know.. ;-)

3. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@Vinni - Stop flirting on the blog at least [;)]

4. VinniNo Gravatar says:

you are the angel, how can i ever control myself! ur irresistible.

5. KaushikNo Gravatar says:

What is life without its ups and downs? The sum total for each person is going to be zero in the end. Either one has high highs and low lows (-10+10 = 0) or, he has everything in moderation (+1-1 = 0).Life has to go on, and it will. Only time can tell whether something that you did sometime back was right or wrong. The “Click” by itself might be shortlived and disappear as you move deeper into the relationship…

well said kaushik, but i still want to try that click with angel.

7. Looks like ppl so DAMN don believe in the CLICK ….

8. souNo Gravatar says:

i think life is not about the one CLICK..

problem is when we close ourselves off.. and hide behind barriers of arrey i missed the click therefore no other..

the click acc to me are the moments.. that can be shared with a lot of people..

the loss of something that never really happened is bittersweet.. but life has it’s beauty in everything eh?

((((hugg))))

9. hi! I hd attended the delhi bloggers meet organised by indibloggers yesterday and it was amazing to see the presentation done by you…the words as well as the OST score of the last of the mohicans made me curdle with a spellbinding charm..and here I’m in your blog witnessing equally fine posts!

keep up d good work!

10. VinniNo Gravatar says:

my dear friend, that people dont agree will always lead to a good argument. a good argument is always good. :) lets just brace up for it. why do you think click will work?

11. @ Vinni.. CLICK = 80% compatibility and 20% effort to make things work.. trust me its BLISS… when there are so many other challenges in life, the last thing u want is a challenging relationship… its ok to have spice in a relationship but i guess on a lighter note..those silly fights are fun. If your relationships are demanding too many killer compromises, then u will look out for a CLICK…

12. VJNo Gravatar says:

when you see people around you “CLICK”.. you always wonder.. and hope that there is a CLICK out there for you too.. although we would like to believe its just matter of time, the truth is only time can tell and all we can do is be positive about it..

13. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@VJ- tx for ur comments.. i wish u CLICK with some one 2 ;)

14. SvetlanaNo Gravatar says:

It clicked me once and its still clicking… CLICK CLICK CLICK

15. RiaNo Gravatar says:

U winsome..N ..U loosesome..!The only permanence is that Life..It just goes on..!

@ Clicks : Water Water everywhere ..but not a drop to drink! ;)
    => Switch to wine, and enjoy the unique lasting flavor! :)

16. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@Svetlana - Lucky u!!!
    Glad to know some one who found the CLICK and seems to be enjoying it :)

17. VinniNo Gravatar says:

angel, you believe in it, i believe in you. so why wait?

18. DivkiranNo Gravatar says:

I don bel in CLICK so dunno wt to say

But Angel, SOFTIE…lol … wt a name… I m still ROFL!!!

19. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@Divkiran - glad to finally read you girl…

so does that mean, i am no longer on the top of the charts with you angel?

21. SvetlanaNo Gravatar says:

@Angelism: Yeah! I did FIND the CLICK. But often you cant HAVE the thing you found. I am HAPPY that I FOUND it atleast.

Having it will be in the next life’s agenda. :)

22. PreetiNo Gravatar says:

Ah, the Click of my life - I have found it and we are still together! But … I personally think, like someone has already said, its not about finding the right click, its about building the right relationship. My click and I dint click sometimes but we still kept at it and kept looking for our clicks. Makes sense? :D

23. VinniNo Gravatar says:

i am still willing to try out options with you angel. click or no click.

24. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@Svetlana - trust me, it is my next life’s agenda too ;)

25. AngelismNo Gravatar says:

@Preeti - Lucky you!!! i agree that not agreeing is the spice of life too. However , it can be enjoyed only with the CLICK of your life. Being with some one who does not CLICK, is painfull spl when there are more disagreements than agreements.
    Not perfection but almost perfection will do for me ;)

26. SvetlanaNo Gravatar says:

@Angelism:
    All right! I have got company. :P

27. barathNo Gravatar says:

At times, its so soothing to say to the self! that everything happens for a reason…

Yeah But life is more to just getting clicked, its abt good companionship and many times, A good click doesnt make a good companionship..

28. samNo Gravatar says:

a good peek… but then at the end of the day its the flavor that matters!!